WHAT IS MANAGEMENT
The process of activities, completed efficiently and effectively with and through people is called management.
FACTORS OF MANAGEMENT
(4) COUNTER CHECK
1) MANAGER:- Very important factor should have qualified skilled leader.
2) ORGANIZATION:- It is systematic arrangement of people to accomplish some specific purpose. It have four important parts.
3) STAFFING: (It is a labour through with production or output obtained. Placingof right man at right place is staffing)
4) DIRECTIVES: (The orders passed from authorities for implementation to run organization effectively is called DIRECTIVES. Followed strictly the directive issued time to time according to the need.
5) COUNTER CHECK:- This is factor of checking the desired result or output by some technical method as well as surprise check.
6) RULES:- These are hard and fast rules of organization, which may be applied from very beginning. These are followed by all strictly.
Manager is first/ major part of organization who is responsible for activities. It may be first line manager (supervisors), second line (Middle managers, deal between top management and first line and top line managers who bring policies make lot of time in planning and takes decision.
Simply a manager is one who innovate, take decision and risk and get.
MAIN CHARACTERSITICS OF MANAGER
1. Power delegation (To share authority and responsibility among the team according to capability.
2. Decision making (Takes decision at any level of in authority and do the needful.
3. Problem solving Approach (Should be able to solve the problems of in teams regarding the organization and personal.
4. leader ship (he should have the leadership skills.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF ORGANIZATION:-
1) PRODUCTION 2) MARKETTING 3) HUMAN RESOURCES 4) FINANCE
The organization are based on above four factors and arrange the people in order to achieve the desire goals, when it innovate, invest and takes risk.
MAIN CHARACTERSITICS OF STAFFING
- The responsibilities of staff
- Shortage of managerial manpower
- Skilled about the modern machinery & its use
- Trade recognition of the problems
- Relation of organizational structure to staffing
- Keep in mind key factors of leadership
- Technical qualification & short courses of staff
- Personal interest of staff in filed of work
- Personal relation with staff and manager
- Limitation of work in staff
- Suitable timings of work
- Rewards and benefits of staff
LEVELS OF MANAGERS
1- First line managers (supervisors and manager)
2- Middle managers (Responsible for implementation …)
3- Top Managers….
PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1) Division of work (the scope of work in managerial and staffing parts should be divided clearly and standardized.
2) Authority and responsibility (The assignment of work should be equipped with certain authority and responsibility so that one may able to use it with confidence and becomes responsibility of work.
3) Discipline is use to control and correct the behaviors of all employees. Discipline improve the efficiency and avoid the ignorance of duty and responsibility.
MAIN FEATURES OF MANAGEMENT / FUNCTIONS OF AMANGEMENT
There are four main function s management.
1) PLANNING (To know about the purpose and destination. How to get the desire purpose and why should be clear, which is called planning. It is done by the top management but at each level of management some part of planning / involved.
2) ORGANIZATION (To adopt the process and structure about the planning in a better way by people is called organizing. It is arrangement of peoples and resources to achieve the desired goals.
3) Controlling (to ensure about all the above factors are going properly and the desired goals are achieving if there is any error is found, the controlling is operated with some extend.)
There is important quality of successful manager which is combination of by birth and child hood. Education as well as technical skills The managers should be leadership skilled which enhance in quality by various kinds as Personality neat & clean career, good knowledge telling and writing power , decision power , public dealing , problem
solving approach, leading attitude in a mind, but friendly and brother attitude in practice , use of resources effective, minimize the waste and ___________ the .
1- SOCIAL MANAGEMENT
In any organization the main objection is to minimize the profit in spite of other values. But the real organization need to concern with social value and social needs of society by surrendering the some share of profit. It is because of social needs or values of society e.g If in a society some items are not allowed so that it should be avoid to produce rather than concept of organization _________. If in a society some item are needed once in year firm should provide so that it shall be closer to society and goes to long run profit.
2- MANAGEMENT AS TECHNOLOGY
The method in which a firm use the special education training and skills about the management and go through it is called management as technology. Because almost all the internal problems of organization may be solved through techniques of management so we can say the management as technology technological awareness to minimize the waste statistical analysis and computer science are essential.
3-MANAGEMENT AS CULTURE
A the single person have its own personality through which he is appreciated or rejected or known similarly the personality of organization is management culture. How the organization behavior impression and imagine called the management culture e.g good / neat and clean clean organization versus poor / dirty and lose organization.
4- INSIITUATIONAL LEVEL OF MANAGEMENT
In an organization when proper rules directives discipline, authorizes and responsibilities are given then the management comes on institutnaional level where the management goes through hard and fast rule and managed very perfect and result oriented.
The committee is ------ for some special task within specific time period and special powers. The management of committee excersie such type of special powers authorities and hierarchy is called committee management. This management has special and temporary title of name power and facilities which automatically finished by the completion of task.
This type of management is involve in a production based organizations where \organization object is maximize the output. This mean a certain technical skills of management are required which use to maximize the production and minimize the waste , so the kind of management do in this way called production management.
7- SALES MANAGEMENT
Sales Management is a part of broader filed of marketing or we can say that it is part of the field of management which concerns its self with the managerial aspects of marketing. Major parts of SALES MANAGEMENT.
1- Functions of Sales management
2- Planning and execution
3- Planning consists or research and evaluation of organization goals or targets.
4- Execution deals with assignment and __________ of work force and made good communication classification of sales management.
Management sale and service personl.
The role of finance is very important in an organization so to resolve the financial matters effectively by the management. Important factors of financial management.
1- Interest Role 2-Planning Difficulties 3- Demand of Capital
4-Bussiness and individual in with 5- Accounting Problem 6- Time & risk management
7- Cash flow v/s earning 9- The capital market 10- Primary & Secondary market
Financial management may help to serve and secure the interest of organization in field of finance.
NEED THEORY OF MOTIVATION / MASLOWS THEORY OF NEEDS
MOTIVATION: Motivation as the processes that account for an individual's intensity, direction and persistence of effort toward attaining a goal. Finally motivation has a persistence dimension. This is a measure of how long a person can maintain his or her effort. Motivated individuals stay with a task long enough to achieve their goal.
HIERARCHY OF NEEDS THEORY
It's probably safe to say that the most well known theory of motivation is Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs. He hypothesized that within every human being there exists a hierarchy of five needs. These needs are:
1- Physiological: Includes hunger, thirst, shelter, sex, and other bodily needs.
2- Safety: Includes security and protection from physical and emotional harm.
3- Social: Includes affection, belongingness, acceptance and friendship.
4-Esteem: Includes internal esteem factors such as self-respect, autonomy and achievement and external esteem factors such as status recognition and attention.
5- Self-actualization: the drive to become what one is capable of becoming includes growth achieving ones potential and self fulfillment.
As each of these needs becomes substantially satisfied the next need becomes dominant.
LOWER ORDER NEEDS: Needs that are satisfied externally physiological and safety needs.
HIGHER ORDER NEEDS: needs that are satisfied internally social esteem and self actualization needs.
EXPLANATION OR IMPORTANCE OF MASLOWS THEORY
Maslows need theory has received wide recognition particularly among practicing mangers. This can be attributed to the theory intuitive logic and ease of understanding. Unfortunately however research does not generally validate the theory. Maslows provided no empirical substantiation and several studies that sought to validate the theory found no support for it.